Tuesday, March 13, 2007

We're Back... Posting That Is!!!

Well, hello again!!!

Sorry we have not posted recently, but not much has really changed since the last post... and then it was a really busy weekend for the Venable family! Overall, we are doing very well.

Michelle is doing better each day, though she still has some discomfort. Most of that is due to the muscle tissue that needed to be removed which has limited the use of her left arm some; though that too gets better as each day passes. The difficulty is that, in compensating for her left arm, by days end her neck and upper back tighten up. But, again, all in all she is doing quite well. The bruising is subsiding slowly and the hematomas have also gone down in size since last week, so thanks for the prayers on that!

Tomorrow we go to have the stitches removed and, following that, we also meet with the Oncologist to discuss the post-op treatment plan. So, it seems by tomorrow evening we should know what is in store for the coming weeks/months. Please be praying that no chemo will be needed!!!

OK, that's it for now... I will be sure to post as soon as I can tomorrow evening what the updates are. In the meantime, here are some verses I have been meditating on today; I trust as you read them they will minister to your heart and challenge you to have the same heart as Paul:

"But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead." (Phil 3:7-11, NKJV)

Blessings to you all... we love you!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hello guys. Well it's Wedensday evening here, and I hope Michelle was able to get the stitches out today. I have to say I'm sorry for not being in here the last few days. We had a bit of an issue come up ourselves. Nothing major, just a while to sort thru things. I'll keep praying for no Chemo. Take care for now. Love you all