Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Two Scan Results In... Correction: All Three In

I only have a minute but wanted to be sure I got this information up as soon as I could. I spoke with our Oncologist, Dr. Hantel, and he informed me he now has the official Radiologist reports for the Bone Scan and PET Scan and they both are NEGATIVE!!! He feels the possibility of the CT Scan showing anything is not likely, especially since the PET only "lit up" exactly where we would have expected it to, which was at the tumor site. Yes, we need to wait for the official report, but this is a big "Praise the Lord!!!"

It seems a little odd to be relieved when you are still faced with surgery, radiation therapy and possibly chemotherapy, but words cannot describe the relief that comes with knowing the cancer appears to be completely isolated. Thank you all for the many prayers that have been and are being lifted up for Michelle, as well as the kids and me. Keep praying!!!

We love you all... rejoice in the Lord with us today! - Steve -

Since posting the above, Michelle called to tell me our surgeon, Dr. De Haan, called to let her know the CT scan is NEGATIVE as well!!! That's a clean sweep; no visible spread of cancer... THANK YOU LORD!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! We love you and are still praying for all of you! Dee & Lori

Larry Jones said...

Praise God.. Mom & I are very happy to hear the good news Michelle, All of the prayers for you and your family are not falling on deaf ears. God is Good!! We shall not however stop praying yet, still a few hurdles to jump. We both love you. dinners ready. Happy ValentinesMom & Dad

Unknown said...

Hi!
I'm in New Zealand with the Carters & just heard about the new scans. Glad to see some good news!
How do I contact you guys directly?
Steve, I still have my old usa.net address.
grace & love,
Trip

Anonymous said...

Hi Venables,
It is good to see all the pictures of the kids so grown up. Brent and I are will be praying for you. Let us not focus on the flames, but on the One that walks us thru the fire!
Love to all of you!
Lynn and Brent Vockrodt

Anonymous said...

Thank you Jesus! Blessings to you all. Brent and I are and will keep praying. We have a home fellowship group tonight, and I will put in the prayer request to our church family here in Sacramento.
Love,
Brent and Lynn