Sunday, February 25, 2007

It's A New Day

Good morning! First, let me apologize for not posting another update later yesterday. By the time I got Michelle to bed I was pretty tired and just couldn't bring myself to picking up my laptop. I trust you will each forgive me...

Michelle slept well last night, having taken a Darvocet around 7:30pm last night and then again around 11:30pm. She seems to be doing pretty well this morning; the swelling is slightly down and her temperature is down around 99 so, once again, the Lord is answering prayer! She had some yogurt and granola for breakfast while I went out to shovel snow!!! Oh joy... two inches of really wet snow; no need for a workout today!! So no, Larry, Steven and I have not got out for a round of golf yet, thanks for rubbing that one in!! (see "comment" on yesterdays post from Larry Jr.) While you're at it, why don't you just give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it!!! (Mad Max from Princess Bride) Or, as Steven said, "Luckyyyyyyy!" (Napoleon from Napoleon Dynamite) By the way, Sarah, Steven, Trip and Lauren's math team, Cornerstone Home School Math Team, won their regional contest beating the second place team by almost 400 points! Praise the Lord for that! They now will go on to the state competition in April where they finished second last year by a scant 16 points; they have vowed to win this year...

Okay, I promise to post again soon; I think Michelle just may get ambitious and try to take a shower. Hope she doesn't ask me to blow-dry her hair, I still haven't figured that one out even though I have three girls; four counting Michelle!

It's a new day and we're thankful for God's mercies, which are new every morning!!! Things are looking really good; exalt the Lord for His incredible love, His enduring faithfulness and overwhelming goodness! We will sing His praises in the morning and all day long... join with us. We love you... - Steve and Michelle -

1 comment:

Laura said...

Good afternoon all. First off I'd like to thank you Steve for keeping us all up to date on Michelle's recovery. You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work. I am glad to hear that everyone's prayers are being answered. It is great news that Michelle's swelling and fever are going down. Next, a big WHOOAH (just the military in me) to Sarah, Steven, Trip, and Lauren for winning the Regional Math Team Competition. I wish them all well in the April State Competition. And finally, sorry about the snow shoveling. It's beautiful in NC right now, and my daffodils are coming up. Just reminds me Easter is right around the corner. I keep you in my prayers always. Love Ya.