Saturday, February 24, 2007

Early Evening

It's about 4:30pm here and I wanted to give you a quick, brief update. Michelle struggled through the morning with on again, off again nausea; felt a lot like car sickness for those of you who can relate. We purposefully held off on her Darvocet (since 7:30am) to see if that was the problem. By 2:00pm she was able to eat a little chicken, potatoes and mixed veggies and was doing real well. The discomfort is tolerable so at this point she still has not taken the Darvocet.

Two specific prayer requests:

First, the swelling... she is still pretty swollen, though no more than this morning. In speaking to our surgeon on a follow-up call, he said it doesn't sound like anything abnormal at this point. Please pray that the swelling subsides as we move along though the evening and into tomorrow.

Second, a low-grade fever... emphasis on LOW-GRADE. Again, Dr. DeHaan is not at all concerned at this point and suggested that she take 600mg of Ibuprofen which will not interfere with the Darvocet if she needs to take it later. That will not only help with the fever but also will take the edge off of what discomfort is there and perhaps help a little with the swelling. Please pray that the fever subsides.

Dr. DeHaan was REAL encouraged that she didn't seem to need the Darvocet at this point since the first day is usually the worst. I told him Michelle is a "warrioress", the toughest woman I know!!! He laughed but then said she must be...

Thank you again for continuing to come to the blog to check on Michelle and us. Thank you for your continued faithful, fervent prayer. I know I have said it many times but, WE LOVE YOU ALL!!! - Steve and Michelle -

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Hang in there Warrioress you will get through this because you are girded with the full armor of the Lord.
Last week I joined the mens club at our local Arcadia par 3 golf course. It has 18 holes with the longest being about 150 yds and is in pretty good shape for all the play it gets. It only costs $15 to play a round on the weekend. This morning I had my best round ever. 3 birdies, 11 pars and 4 bogeys for a 1 over par round. I was even par going into 18 but missed the green short right, chipped on but left it short also and then 2 putted for bogey. I was still feeling very good about the round though. I thought Steve and Steven would enjoy the commentary since it is probably still too cold to play there yet. I have to get in 5 rounds there to establish a handicap with the club. At least they can't call me a sandbagger since my previous best was a 10 over 64.
How did Steven and Sarah do in the math competition?

Anonymous said...

Your blog is such a wonderful tool. :o) I've never used one before, so thank you for introducing me to it (through Rhonda). Just a note to let you know you're in my prayers. You are an encouragement to me and others as well I'm sure as you face these trials with such grace and strength that can only come from the Lord. Though never having had your exact trial, we all face challenges and uncertainties in life that require the perspective and trust in the Lord that your circumstances do as well. By God's grace, Cindy (PFY)