Thursday, June 7, 2007

Moving Along Nicely

Greetings to all of you!!! Just a quick update on how things are going with us:

Michelle is doing pretty good this week once again. The side-effects are at a minimum and, apart from fatigue and an occasional headache, things are well. Of course, that is very relative... you will still hear her say, if you asked, that she looks forward to feeling "normal" again! Her hair continues to thin out and we are not sure how much more she can lose and still hide the fact that she has very little! We are both amazed she has any at all when we think about how much she has lost over these past weeks. What an answer to prayer... by the time she may be in the situation to have to remove what is left, she will be done with treatments and it can immediately start growing back again. God is truly merciful and gracious, is He not?!

As for our relocation, things are great on that front. As I wrote earlier, our condo sold and everything is going just fine with that. The last hurdle is the appraisal which should not be a problem at all and it should close escrow on June 28th. On top of that, we made an offer on a home and we quickly came to terms with the owner for the purchase... we are homeowners again!!! Phew... we have a place to move into now!!! It is a wonderful home (5 bedrooms with a loft!!!) and we can't wait to move in. We should close escrow on it the day our stuff is being loaded on the moving truck out here in Wheaton. Please pray that Michelle and the kids love the home as much as I do; it is not easy picking a home for your family all by yourself!

As I reflect back on the last couple of weeks I am overwhelmed by the graciousness, goodness, and greatness of the God we serve. No doubt it has been a busy and, at times, trying time. Honestly, there were moments where I felt they were beating me down a bit; but oddly, that was in a good way, because those moments have brought me to another level of trusting in our Lord, an even deeper level, for which I am thankful. At the hardest moments, all I could do was ask for more of His mercy, grace and strength for the journey we find ourselves on; a journey on which I feel so responsible to be the strong, confident leader that my family needs me to be. I have once again found the Lord and His word to be true... "For when I am weak, than I am strong..." (2Cor. 12:10) as He supplies me with His strength. He has shown up in so many tangible ways, as only He can and does! Today we are so encouraged in the Lord; as we have trusted in Him, as we have leaned even closer into Him, He has systematically checked off from our list of things that need to be resolved some truly "big" things!!! Is He amazing or what!!?? Pretty much the last "big" thing, perhaps the biggest actually, is to find a new Oncologist for Michelle. Please pray for us as we set out on that "hunt."

Don't stop praying for us!!! In fact, don't stop praying or trusting in Him, period!!! We love you all... - Steve and Michelle -

No comments: