Wednesday, June 27, 2007

First "Leg" Down



Greetings to you all from Joplin, Missouri!!!

Sarah and I have completed the first leg of our trip, presently kicking back in our hotel room after a GREAT Mexican dinner. We will rest up tonight since tomorrow holds for us the longest of our three legs - 11 hours of driving (to Albuquerque, New Mexico) not counting stops for gas, food, and those other breaks (!!!). Today's drive was wonderful, though we did hit a few rainstorms. I have posted a few photos from when we passed through St. Louis...

St. Louis Arch

Busch Stadium - Home of the St. Louis Cardinals


Those of you who have known us for more than a few years will feel old when I say Sarah drove 117 miles of the journey. Not just that but she was behind the wheel during the worst downpour we faced today. I will only say she handled it well, though my knuckles were white!!! Driving through the Ozarks was absolutely beautiful, we were both amazed by the sheer awesomeness of God's creation!!!

I spoke with Michelle quite a few times today, she seems to be doing ok. She is still experiencing some mild "pressure headaches", but she definitely sounds like she feels better than the last few days on that front. I'm sure the lack of sleep - she stil is having problems sleeping - and the stress of the upcoming relocation are not helping. We are sure the headaches and sleep isues are residual side-effects of the Taxol treatments so please pray the Lord will help her begin to sleep better and that the headaches will go away. Also pray that she will rest a bit more each day!!!

Okay, enough for now - please pray for Sarah and I as we rest tonight and continue our journey tomorrow. It looks like it will be a wet day for us so pray for our safety, as well as that the truck continues to run well. Along those lines, pray for all those in Texas - like our friends, the Ellis' - who are being hammered by severe weather, especially being deluged by rain! Thanks and we will post again tomorrow provided we get to our destination at a decent hour!!! We love you all... - Steve and Michelle -

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dad,
I miss you and love you soooooo much!!!I like the pictures you put on the blog! Well,I just wanted to say I love you and miss you.
Love,
Rebekah

Anonymous said...

Hi Dad,
It's Moriah. So your knuckles where white and Sarah's weren't!!!
I really love the pictures you put on the blog!!!It's weird typing on your laptop!!! I just wanted to say that I love you and miss you. Well I guess it's time to say

Mo,
Out or
Love,
Moriah