Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday Evening

It's Sunday evening around 8:00pm or so... sorry I haven't posted more this week. Sometimes I feel like I am just re-writing the same things over and over; though I know you all probably don't see it that way. Things are going pretty well for us, though it was a very busy week in my new position. Busy but I loved every moment of it!!!

There are some looming symptoms that Michelle seems to be experiencing over the last few days of this week. Specifically, she is feeling some minor neuropathy in her fingers/hands (tingling and numbness) which is one of those side-effects of the Taxol. Also, she was packing some things yesterday, kneeling while doing so, and woke this morning with a bruise a little larger than a quarter on one of her knees. This is very strange because she did not bang it at all so it seems to be just the result of kneeling on it. That could be a sign that her platelets are low which is not a good thing; too low and that means blood transfusion. Lastly, she is beginning to lose her hair in an increasing amount so it doesn't appear it will be too long and she will be without it. All these things we knew were side-effects and possibilities... we were just really praying that it would at least take a few more weeks before we began to see them. Oh, and the "acne rash" on her face continues to come and go as well.

Apart from the above mentioned issues, Michelle is feeling pretty well and continues to have a good level of energy. She is handling everything with the same faith and grace as she did the last go'round and I continue to learn so much from watching her walk with Jesus through this time. No words can describe how proud I am of her and how challenged I am in my own faith to keep my eyes in Jesus, wholly trusting in Him for EVERYTHING... I have learned that to deeper levels through the "teaching" (by example) of my wife.

Please pray for those things I mentioned above, as well as for her blood counts to not dip too low. In fact, let's be bold and pray the Lord would cause them all to go up even from last week! Now that would confound the doctors and nurses and give great glory to the Lord; please make it so, Lord Jesus... but no matter what, we will praise Your name! We love you, Jesus.... and we love all of you too!!! - Steve and Michelle -

No comments: