Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday Evening

Greetings!!!

I know, I know... you are wondering why I (Steve) am posting at a time when the home bible study is going on that meets at our house on Friday evenings. Well, that would be because I am not home; I am out on the road.

One thing we have not posted to the blog, because the focus has been to keep everyone up to speed on Michelle, are some other changes going on in our personal life as a family. So let me do that now... Just this week I started working in a new ministry, actually coming on staff at the church we attend. The time I spent ministering at Koinonia House National Ministries (KHNM) was incredible and changed me in so many ways for good; I am more Christ-like because of my time there and I wouldn't trade-in my season of time at KHNM for anything, but we are so excited that the Lord has called us back to full-time ministry within the local church. We couldn't be more humbled and excited by the privilege to serve the Lord in this way. Which leads to the next big change... the Lord's calling for us to serve again in local church ministry will result in our relocating once Michelle completes her chemo treatments and has a bit of time to recover. I will be serving as the Lead/Campus Pastor for an extension campus of our current church home, Harvest Bible Chapel. While it is hard to leave our home here in Wheaton, we are more than confident, and trusting completely in the Lord, that He has called us to this. That said, it certainly makes for interesting times for us; preparing and planning for relocating, learning all we need to prior to leaving AND working through Michelle's health issues... talk about a group of "stressors"!

I will forward more details in the days and weeks to come but please pray for us as we deal with all the "change" in our lives and that, in the midst of it all, the most important thing, Michelle's health, remains just that.. the most important thing. Speaking of that, Michelle has been a little fatigued this week so pray for her energy level... and more specifically her blood counts! I will write again soon... we love you! Steve

No comments: